| All Tuition and Fees are in Canadian Dollars
|| Amount – Domestic Students
|| Amount – International Students
| Tuition Fee
|Application Fee (non-refundable)
| Student Services Fee
| Student Record Archiving Fee
| Textbook Costs (max/approx.)
| Total Program Costs
|| $ 14,890.00
|| $ 18,640.00
Brief Program Description
This program will provide the analytical framework for assessing the nature and challenges of operating global supply chains. It focuses on the primary activities of global supply chains, distribution and inventory management, and the supporting activities of document management and procurement. It examines how to obtain and manage resources to deal with international suppliers and transportation intermediaries, and how to maintain optimum efficiency in the production, inventory control, and delivery of goods in the international marketplace. Considerations for global e-commerce in managing procurement and sourcing of goods, determining storage locations, and clearing foreign customs will be examined. The course will equip students with the tools necessary to develop strategic plans that incorporate the key elements of successful global supply chain operation.
- Sourcing and Procurement Specialist
- Purchasing Manager
- Pricing Coordinator
- Supply and Demand Analyst
- Demand Forecasting Lead
- Supply Chain Logistics Planner
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Inventory Manager
- Inventory Control Analyst
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Shipping and Receiving Administrator
- Transportation Supervisor
- Distribution Logistics Analyst
- Dispatcher/Driver Manager
- Provide the College with a transcript and a current resume evidencing the student has graduated from Grade 12 (or equivalent) OR
- Provide the College with a current resume evidencing the student has a minimum of five years’ work experience.
- Must complete an Admissions Interview.
- For International students or students whose first language is not English, in addition to the admission requirements listed above, the student must also meet one or more of the following language proficiency requirements:
- Provide evidence the student has completed a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of CBT 240 OR iBT91; OR
- Provide evidence the student has completed an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.0 OR
- Provide evidence the student has completed a Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) – General Test with a minimum score of 7.0 OR
- Provide evidence the student has completed a Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) with a minimum score of 780 OR
- Provide evidence the student has completed a Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: the computer-based English test with a minimum score of 46. OR
- Provide evidence the student has successfully completed grade 12 or post-secondary education in an English instructional school system.
- In addition, all International students are required to obtain a valid study visa to complete the Program.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Prepare and manage all necessary documentation for exporting and importing goods and services.
- Procure goods and services and outsource production in international markets in an effective,efficient and compliant manner.
- Determine requirements and make arrangements for efficient and effective transportation of goods in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure preparation of goods for transportation in a manner that minimizes risk, maintains condition of the goods and complies with regulations.
- Implement inventory management strategies that address the use of international suppliers and the needs of international buyers and customers.
- Provide products and services to global buyers to meet the needs of clients’ project and comply with local legal requirements and cultural customs.
- Use the tools necessary to develop strategic plans that incorporate the key elements of successful global supply chain operation.
In order to successfully graduate, students are required to:
- Complete each course/module in the program with a 70% or
- Have paid all dues (money owed) in full to the College;
4-6 hours per course.
Indicate how the program is delivered
- In-class instruction
- Distance education
- Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Required course materials
- Transportation: A Global Supply Chain Perspective, 8th Edition, John J. Coyle, Robert A. Novack, Brian Gibson, Edward J. Bardi, ISBN-10: 1133592961, ISBN-13: 9781133592969, COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published.
- Principles of Supply Chain Management: A Balanced Approach, 5th Edition, Joel D. Wisner; Keah-Choon Tan; G. Keong Leong, ISBN-10: 1-337-40649-X, ISBN-13: 978-1-337-40649-9, COPYRIGHT: 2019 Published.
- Supply Chain Management: A Logistics Perspective, 11th Edition, C. John Langley, Jr., Robert A. Novack, Brian J. Gibson, John J. Coyle, ISBN-10: 035744213X, ISBN-13: 9780357442135, COPYRIGHT: 2021 Published.
- Operations and Supply Chain Management for the 21st Century (with Printed Access Card) , 1st Edition, Ken Boyer; Rohit Verma, ISBN-10: 0-618-74933-0, ISBN-13: 978-0-618-74933-1, COPYRIGHT: 2010 Published.
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, 6th Edition, Robert M. Monczka; Robert B. Handfield; Larry C. Giunipero; James L. Patterson, ISBN-10: 1-285-86968-0, ISBN-13: 978-1-285-86968-1, © 2016.
- Global Strategy, 3rd Edition, Mike W. Peng, ISBN-10: 1133964613, ISBN-13: 9781133964612, © 2014.
- International Business Law and Its Environment, 9th Edition, Richard Schaffer, Filiberto Agusti, Lucien J. Dhooge, ISBN-10: 1285427041, ISBN-13: 9781285427041, COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published.
- Your Career: How To Make It Happen, 9th Edition, Lauri Harwood, Lisa M.D. Owens, Crystal Kadakia, ISBN-10: 1305494830, ISBN-13: 9781305494831, COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published.
- Essentials of Statistics for Business and Economics, 7th Edition, David R. Anderson, Dennis J. Sweeney, Thomas A. Williams, Jeffrey D. Camm, James J. Cochran, ISBN-10: 1133629652, ISBN-13: 9781133629658, COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published.
- International Marketing Strategy: Analysis, Development & Implementation, 8th Edition, Isobel Doole, Robin Lowe, Alexandra Kenyon, ISBN-10: 1473758742, ISBN-13: 9781473758742, COPYRIGHT: 2019 Published
| Title of Course/Work Experience Component *
|| # of Hours*
| BUSN201 Principles of Supply Chain Management
| BUSN202 Logistics Management
| HCOA102 Medical Office Administration
| BUSN203 Purchasing Management
| BUSN204 Transportation Management
|BUSN205 Business Statistics
|BUSN207 International Business Strategy
|BUSN208 Business Career Development
|BUSN209 International Business Law
|BUSN206 Operations Management in Global Supply Chain
|MARK201 International Marketing
| Total Program Hours
Take the Next Step Toward a Rewarding Career
Ready to get started? Complete the form below and a Granville College Admissions Advisor will contact you to discuss your career goals, program outlines and schedules, costs and any other questions you may have.
Congratulations on taking the next step to a fulfilling professional career!